First Eye Care West Plano offers a state-of-the-art digital imaging technology to view the inside of your eye – The OptoMap (OPTOS). While a dilated fundus exam is the standard of care and should be performed from time to time, as directed by your Doctor, the OptoMap imaging system is a safe, non-invasive screening technology for visits when dilation is not performed. The OptoMap is a convenient way to view the inside of the eye without the lingering side effects associated with dilation.
DILATED EXAM (INCLUDED)
1. Blurred near vision for 4-6 hours
2. Light sensitivity for 4-6 hours
3. Longer exam while waiting for pupils to dilate
4. No permanent record of retina
5. Only the doctor can see your retina
OPTOMAP EXAM ($39)
1. No blurred vision
2. No light Sensitivity
3. OptoMap takes less than one minute to process
4. Images of the retina can be compared from year to year
5. You can see your own retina
Our doctors recommend ALL patients have either a dilated examination of their retina or take advantage of the new OptoMap technology. Without either a dilated exam or use of the OptoMap, the doctor cannot fully assess the health of your retina.
Dilation may still be required if the doctor determines it to be medically necessary, as dilation is considered the standard of care for a thorough retinal evaluation.
We ask that our patients choose from the following options at their annual examination:
- I ELECT TO HAVE AN OPTOMAP DIGITAL RETINAL EXAM PERFORMED FOR THE ADDITIONAL FEE OF$39Because the OPTOMAP is an elective service (for the patient’s comfort and convenience), I agree that the $39 additional charge for the OPTOMAP is due at the time of service.
- I PREFER A DILATED EXAM OF MY RETINA WITH NO ADDITIONAL FEE